Policy Resident Selection
1. Medical students and residents who are interested in applying to the DMC/WSU PM&R residency program must apply through ERAS beginning September 15.
Beginning September 1, the program accepts applications for the PGY-2 positions starting on July 1 of the subsequent year. The Program is accredited by ACGME for 4 positions. All 4 positions are registered with NRMP for match each year. The deadline to complete an ERAS application is February 1. Candidates will be contacted by the Program Coordinator to arrange for a personal interview with faculty and residents. Interviews are offered between October through December on designated days.
2. Application Criteria:
- Current ECFMG Certificate
- US Citizenship or a Green Card
- Passed USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 at a first try (including Step 2 Clinical Skills)
- 1 year of US clinical experience
- Submitted ERAS Common Application Form containing:
- Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- 3 LORs, (including 1 from PM&R faculty)
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX reports
- Curriculum Vitae
- ECGMG Certificate (if foreign graduate)-all foreign medical graduates must have completed one year of training, practicing as a physician in the US. Physicians must also meet admission requirements as established by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education individual training programs and licensure requirements established by the Michigan Department of Consumer and Industry Services, Board of Medicine.
3. Due to the institutional policies, the PM&R Residency Program cannot sponsor visas.
4. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, strong academic and clinic competence and high professional standards.
Application Process for Residency Program:
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)